A rose by any other name…

Today I have been turning my hand to something a little different. In need of a more suitable prop for a scene than the fake daffodils we’ve been using in rehearsal, I volunteered to do a spot of flower arranging!

A quick scout round town came up trumps for Arum/calla lilies, white roses and some greenery.

20180205_133640

I used a Stanley knife to separate the stems of the roses and the ivy so I could arrange things more easily. I built up the arrangement and secured it with florists tape (which really didn’t stick as well as I hoped) and some sugarpaste flower wire that I dug out of my cake making supplies. I was concerned that my first arrangement may be a bit big for its required purpose, so I used the leftover stems to make a smaller arrangement. Tonight is our dress rehearsal, so I’ll see what the director thinks and I can always rearrange them tomorrow if necessary.

20180205_150259.jpg